Being Content.

Being Content. 
Staying optimistic. Focusing on what is important and the good things about the here and now.

Have you ever felt in the middle of a season of your life? Have you ever felt a passion to be doing something else but you do not know how to get there or are waiting for the sign or door to open? For all those who are in that season, do not fret!

I have always thought that if you work hard for something, doors will be opened for you. Maybe, it will not be exactly how or when you wanted it but it will come.. 

I have learned a few lessons since starting my first job (sixteen years old, Taco Time :) as a crew worker.. woohoo! haha) and the most important one is to put your heart and soul into where you are at. For example, at my first job I was so excited to get my first job! Yay I could finally have my own money to buy cute clothes and put more than my allowance of gas in my car for all my movie trips and events with friends. The worst part, when I first started I absolutely hated it! I hated scrubbing the fryer, was nervous to talk to customers, and didn't like coming home smelling like tacos! Yet, I made a decision to really try, and that was the best decision. It turned my attitude around and I learned not only how to work hard but how to talk to strangers among many other lessons. I made friends and work changed from just a building to our little family, and it was sad to leave. I learned to appreciate where I was at that time.

Maybe you don't realize it yet, but you are at a time like I was. Obviously I was not made to stay at Taco Time forever. This was just one of many stepping stones and thanks to Taco Time I was able to get an amazing job at Nordstrom and was able to talk to lots of strangers! I think that it's important to start small. You could be at somewhere in your life where you are like gosh I am so tired of coming home and smelling like tacos! or thinking bad about your job. What you don't realize is that the tools and the things you are learning and dealing with now are only one small part of your life that while you are in, can be invaluable later.

My point is that I think that at this point in my life I am especially excited, nervous, anxious, intrigued by the future. Who knows where I will be in six months from now, nor can I even fathom what life will be like in  5 years! I do not think I am alone. In this time of life, I want so much to know the future and what it will bring, but for now, I am choosing to be content and to enjoy where I am in my life right now because it will all fall into place and who knows what little (or big) moments could pass by when you are stuck in the future.

Hope you too can learn from the little 'Taco Times' in your life. Enjoy your friends, your colleagues, your teachers, because you never know what those little things now can affect your future!


"You are the master of your fate, the captain of your soul. Nothing worth having is easily obtained, faith will always pull you through" Randy Marquis.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can Bunnies Have Bananas?

Where's your Motivation?

Keepin it fresh